Wet Chicken Burrito Recipe
- 3 chicken breast (may use 3 lbs of any cut of boneless chicken)
- 1 large can of enchilada sauce
- 2 cans of refried beans
- 6 large burrito size tortillas
- 1 onion diced (optional)
- Taco Cheese
- Lettuce, sliced into thin strips
- Tomato, diced
- Olives, sliced (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Boil chicken in water until tender and easy to pull apart.
- Take Chicken out of water (which is now broth that you may save and cook rice in, make soup out of, etc) and shred with two forks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a casserole dish or baking pan with at least 1 inch high sides.
- In a bowl mix half of enchilada sauce with shredded chicken. Reserve remaining sauce.
- You may add additional spices to the chicken at this point to suit your house preference. (cayenne, garlic, taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder, pepper, etc…Taste it!) You can add diced onion into the chicken or within the burrito if you would like.
- Assemble burritos by filling with lettuce, tomato, refried beans and chicken in that order (you can add cooked rice here if you want to make them more hearty).
- Fold burrito, place in casserole dish and repeat with the rest of the burritos.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and taco cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Top with sliced olives and serve.